Wednesday 10 February 2010

Mothers :)


 

 My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being.  I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.  ~Graycie Harmon………………  There is perhaps no greater role that someone can play in our lives than that of a mother. Mothers not only provide us, as children, with the safe boundaries that we need to grow and thrive, but they lay for us a firm foundation upon which we will base our central thoughts, ideas, morals, values, and ethics.   Mothers obtain innate bonds to their children that can perhaps defy all time and space. Most importantly, motherhood, can effectively, in a single word, whisper the very definition of the word “forever”.   

   This year, as Mother’s Day approaches, let us all remember how our special mothers have influenced our lives on a daily basis. Reminisce about the subtle ways that mothers inspire us.  Recall the many times that they have challenged us.  Reflect upon the countless moments when they have sought to  instill in us the notion of limitless boundaries.  For it are these limitless boundaries that have perhaps taught all Estians to share an appreciation for art, the ability to create, and most importantly – the courage and the disposition to dream!  


'read on to see what role mothers have played in the lives of other Etsians...'

 

My mom taught me to sew and is still teaching me how to cook! We used to make silk flower arrangements together for our home and a bunch of different crafts. She instilled in me a love for creating something and even though my crafting has changed to other methods and materials, the basis has helped to make me who I am. (Just a note that my husband makes all of the products in our etsy shop for now)

- Twigsoup

 

My mom showed me that even though life is busy and hectic, there is always time to work on your craft. She was always, and still is, getting her hands dirty in on medium or another (sewing, painting, drawing, sculpting, etc.).

- Ablemabel

 

My mom was a single mom of three and worked her toosh off to provide for us. We never had to leave our house which provided stability in the midst of a hard beginning to life for me! She taught me to crochet when I was eight. And though she did teach me to make garlands or sew, just by watching her hard at work to make some extra cash I gleaned it off her somehow and now I also sew and make garlands. She is wonderwoman! She worked 16 hour days sometimes and resting for her was being busy with her hands. Work ethic and creativity are the lessons she passed on to me. I just hope I can pass something just as fantastic on to my children!

- Stitchesandscribbles

 



No comments:

Post a Comment